Friday, October 1, 2010

Genea-Angel Award from a real Angel

The Genea-Angel Award
I’ve been blogging for only a bit more than a year but Barbara Poole, author of the “Life from the Roots” blog, was one of the first to comment on my blog. She encouraged me, and we started up a nice email correspondence because we had so many common ancestors. We became Facebook friends, too, and we met once at the New England Historic Genealogical Society (you can catch that story at my post “Two Genealogists Meet Up at NEHGS”)

Just recently Barbara also awarded 18 bloggers the Genea-Angel Award. I was tickled pink to be on her list, and it is just like Barbara to share it with so many great bloggers. She is a true Angel herself, having helped me with so many genealogy and blogging puzzles.

I would like to pass along the award, too, to the following bloggers:

Leah Allen at the “Internet Genealogist” for collaborating with me on a series of posts about how our relatives met in Hawaii about 150 years ago.

Martin Hollick at “The Slovak Yankee” for rooting out so many good New Hampshire genealogy resources and blogging about them. I would never have known about some of these good books, articles and websites without his posts.

Michelle Robillard at “Call me Shell” for helping me get my Facebook account synced up with my blog posts via NetworkedBlogs. I hope she remembers how frustrated I was that day!

Marian PIERRE-LOUIS at "Roots and Rambles" for helping me with several blog posts about properties in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

And thanks, too, to all the other bloggers and readers who have left encouraging notes as comments on my blog. And to all the folks who signed up as followers - I love seeing all your smiling little faces in the right hand column every morning when I log on!

-----------------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Heather for the kind words. I may not have been totally clear as to why I awarded so many, but it was to those who left comments at my blog during the month of September. If 3 people left comments, then I would have awarded 3 Angels. Of course, there are many other good bloggers (you named 3 additional ones). You see me as a flower every morning, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's sweet of you Heather. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Genea-Angel award! I'm happy to see people starting to pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Genea-Angel Award!

    Wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a post. Also, wanted to clarify that my dad is not the famous singer Woody Guthrie. Although, he tried to find a connection to him but never could.

    You have a great blog with interesting posts. I'll be back when I have more time to sit and read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Heather. That was sweet of you to think of me. I really enjoyed our collaborations, hopefully we can do another some day.

    ReplyDelete