Thursday, November 19, 2009
The Kreative Blogger Award
Thanks to Bill West at www.westinnewengland.blogspot.com for passing me the Kreativ Blogger Award. He is one of the other genealogy bloggers from New England I have “met” online. I’ve enjoyed his blogging ideas, such as the Great Genealogy Poetry Challenge, which has helped expand my ideas, since I’m a new blogger. It’s nice to know that someone out there besides Mom is reading my blog!
As part of the award, I’ve been challenged to reveal seven things about myself that I haven’t blogged about to the genealogy community. And I need to pass along the award to seven other bloggers.
1. I took seven years of French classes and then married a Spaniard. Go figure!
2. I had to wear a foot brace for the last few years, yet recently I’ve been trying to get along without it and its working (so far!) Keep your fingers crossed…
3. When I retire I’d love to live in a college community and take advantage of classes, activities, clubs and libraries. We’ve looked into condos at MIT and several other Boston Universities. Very cool!
4. My favorite movie is “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.” It has nothing to do with history or genealogy, and I still laugh at all the jokes all the way through no matter how often I see it.
5. I’m very math-phobic, but I married an MIT rocket scientist so it all works out. He went to school outside of the USA and never took American History.
6. My favorite food is Chinese. Chinese anything. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
7. Oops! I was told there was no math involved!
There are too many good genealogy and history based blogs out there to choose amongst, but I’ll pass the gavel to….
1. James Tanner at “Genealogy’s Star” http://genealogysstar.blogspot.com/
2. Caitlin Hopkins at “Vast Public Indifference” http://vastpublicindifference.blogspot.com/
3. J. L. Bell at “Boston 1775”
4. Maggiemac at “History of American Women” http://womenhistory.blogspot.com/
5. Sandy at “Remembering Danvers” http://rememberingdanvers.blogspot.com/
6. N. L. Taylor at “A Genealogist’s Sketchbook” http://nltaylor.net/sketchbook/
7. Robin C. Mason at “Boston Genealogy Examiner” http://www.examiner.com/x-9553-Boston-Genealogy-Examiner
Tag! You’re it! The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers.'