|This award is given for fun and appreciation|
About three years ago there were so many of these awards floating around that I stopped accepting them, and disappointed a few writers. I felt badly turning down a few newbies. Then two years ago Lucie LeBlanc Consentino awarded me her lovely award “The Rose Blogger Award” from her heart. She named this after her mother, and gives it out to those bloggers “who keep the memory of their ancestors alive.” Thanks, Lucie, I’m honored. (See her homepage at http://lucieslegacy.blogspot.com ) She expects no mention, no linkback, nothing in return, and that is wonderful. Lucie is a star herself!
|This award was given from the heart|
My original star was awarded 10 Jan 2013 from Mariann at the “Into the Briar Patch” blog.
Then on 14 January 2013 I received two more stars, one fromJohn at “The Thomas Gardner Society”blog and another from from Kathryn at “Reflections”blog. Thanks, John and Kathryn! I appreciate your nominations very much.
Although it is 2013 now, the stars and nominations continue to be passed around, which is fun, and an interesting way to learn about other blogs out there in cyberspace. The goal is to win six nominations, thus six stars… We’ll see what happens!
I have to name more nominations, and again I wish I could nominate everyone. Since I can't do that, this time around I’m going to name some of my favorite New England genealogy bloggers:
1. Lucie Consentino “Lucie’s Legacy” http://lucieslegacy.blogspot.com/ and also “Acadian Ancestral Home” http://acadian-ancestral-home.blogspot.com/
2. Barbara Poole “Life from the Roots” http://lifefromtheroots.blogspot.com/
3. Bill West “West in New England” http://mymaineancestry.blogspot.com/
4. Pam Carter “My Maine Ancestry” http://mymaineancestry.blogspot.com/
5. Pam Seavey Schaffner “Digging Down East” http://www.diggingdowneast.blogspot.com/
6. Diane MacLean Boumenot “One Rhode Island Family” http://onerhodeislandfamily.com/
7. Ryan Owen “Forgotten New England” http://forgottennewengland.com/
8. MarDi “A Hoyt Family Genealogy” http://www.la-famille.mardistudio.com/blog/la-famille-blog-3/
The rules are at my first blog post from last week. And my first group of nominations. http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2013/01/surprise-ive-been-honored.html
Some food for thought about Blogging Awards:
“Blog Awards – What do you Think?” by Heather Kuhn Roelker http://leavesfortrees.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-awards-what-do-you-think.html
“Blogging Genealogy: Blog Awards & SEO” by Caroline Pointer http://www.blogginggenealogy.com/1/post/2013/01/blogging-genealogy-blog-awards-seo.html
To Award or Not to Award by Catherine Crout-Habel http://caiteile.com/2013/01/15/to-award-or-not-to-award/
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo