Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wordless Wednesday- Last week in Spain

The Alcazar in Segovia, Spain
The castle of Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand

Inside the Alcazar is the "Room of the Monarchs"
which is a giant genealogy or line of succession for the Spanish Royalty.
Alfonso IV - my 29th great grandfather (on the left)

Queen Berenguela (wife of Alfonso V) my 28th great grandmother (on the left)
Ferdinand II - my 27th great grandfather, Berenguela's son (on the right)
Ferdinand's daughter was Eleanor of Castile, who married Edward Longshanks
(He was the evil king in the "Braveheart" movie, and another one of my ancestors)
All are ancestors of my Connecticut Ingraham line, and my Massachusetts Wymans

The Room of the Monarchs inside the Alcazar
they are carved into the ceiling freize
(that's me walking around whilst Hubby craned his neck to take photos)

The Alcazar's wall, looking down from the keep

----------------------------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. SO cool. This reminds me of the WDYTYA episode where Brooke Shields "visited" her ancestors in the castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures literally took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Heather! What an exciting trip you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooler than cool!

    Warm Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete