Thursday, January 28, 2016

To all Nutfield Genealogy Blog Followers


To my dear blog readers and blog followers,

Each and every one of you is important to me.  I enjoy your email and comments very much, and many of you have become Facebook friends with me, or have joined my Facebook group “Nutfield Genealogy” https://www.facebook.com/nutfield.gen/?fref=ts   I appreciate all your comments, suggestions, humor and inquires.

I operate my blog on a blogging platform supported by Google.   Recently Google announced that they will be changing the way Google Friend Connect works for blog followers.  If you signed in to be a blog follower using anything other than a Google account, your name was removed from the follower list. This affects anyone who signed in using a Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or OpenID account.  You can read the press release from Google at this link:  http://buzz.blogger.com/2015/12/an-update-on-google-friend-connect.html

If you were removed from the follower list, you will no longer receive notifications of new posts. You will need to sign up for a Google account and re-follow the blog.  Or you can look in the right hand column of my blog for the “Follow by email” link.  Just enter your email and you will receive an email notice every time I publish a new blog post.

This morning I noticed that I formerly had over 350 followers, but now I have only 278 followers listed for my blog.  I'm very sorry that some of you were cut from notifications.  It is beyond my control, and I hope you will sign up by email to re-follow. 

 If anyone has questions, concerns, or comments, please comment below or email me at vrojomit@gmail.com

Thank you for reading my blog!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo




2 comments:

  1. I follow you through Feedly, so no problem. Though I see that about 20 or so followers were cut from my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to publish a similar post. Those followers might not know what alternatives there are to following your blog. Feedly is a good idea, I use it, too!

      Delete