In memory of
Mr. Robert Clark
who departed this Life
April the 20th AD 1775
Aged 65 Years
Likewise in memory of Mrs. Letitia
Clark, widow of Mr. Robert Clark
who died June ye 16th 1784. In ye 70th
year of her age.
Erected by Mr. John and Samuel Clark
Robert Clark came to Nutfield from Northern Ireland about 1725 and lived on land northwest of Beaver Pond (in what is now the town of Derry, New Hampshire). Two of his sons removed to Clark Hill in New Boston, near the border of Francestown. There are still Clark descendants living in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
Robert Clark was born about 1710 probably in Northern Ireland, died 20 April 1775 in Londonderry, New Hampshire. He was buried at Forest Hill Cemetery and his wife shared his tombstone. He married about 1732, probably in New Hampshire, to Letitia Cochran, born about 1708 in Northern Ireland and died 16 June 1784 in Londonderry, New Hampshire. She was the daughter of early settlers John Cochran and his wife, Jean.
1. John Clark, born about 1732, married about 1760 to Nancy Stinson
2. William Clark, born 18 January 1733/34 in Londonderry, New Hampshire, died 9 March 1808; married 2 February 1764 in New Boston, New Hampshire to Anne Wallace.
3. Ninian Clark, born about 1735, died 1808; married about 1765 in New Boston to Mary Ramsey.
4. Agnes Clark, born about 1736; married William Anderson
5. Elizabeth Clark, born about 1737, died 1830; married Andrew Mack.
6. Samuel Clark, born about 1738, died 9 August 1790; married first to Sarah Holmes, married second to Janet Barnett.
7. Letitia Clark, born about 1744, died 6 Dec 1832; married first to Robert Moor, married second to Samuel Wallace.
8. Jane Clark, born about 1745, died in New Boston; married James Crombie.
For more about the Clark family see:
The History of Londonderry by Rev, Edward Lutwyche Parker, 1851 pages 265 – 266. (available to read online at Google book search and Ancestry.com )
Willey’s Book of Nutfield, by George Franklyn Willey, 1895, page 339. (Google book search)
“The Clark and Perkins Families of Londonderry, New Hampshire”, by Janice Brown, Cow Hampshire, posted 21 April 2015
Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Tombstone Tuesday ~ Mr. and Mrs. Robert Clark, Derry, New Hampshire", Nutfield Genealogy, posted August 2, 2016,
(http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/08/tombstone-tuesday-mr-and-mrs-robert.html: accessed [access date]).