Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve, 1963

 


This photo was taken at in Hamilton, Massachusetts at Auntie Mamie and Uncle "Al" Stanley Allen's house.  They had a fireplace, and we didn't.  Perhaps that is why this photo was posed, even though we usually didn't hang our stockings at other people's homes!  It was taken by my father with his camera, and matches the rest of the roll of photographs of that Chrismas. 

I was surprised when years after my Grandmother died in California, my first cousin sent me a slightly different version of this photo she found amongst my Grammy's belongings!  Same pajamas.  Same fireplace.  Same Christmas stocking hanging behind me.  It must have been taken by someone else at the same time my father took the first photograph. 



You never know what photos you will find in a relative's photo albums!

----------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Christmas Eve, 1963" Nutfield Genealogy, posted December 24, 2020, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2020/12/christmas-eve-1963.html: accessed [access date]).  

4 comments:

  1. What sweet photos to have of you at Christmas. Merry Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huggable little girl. May your Christmas stocking be overflowing with good things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huggable little girl. May your Christmas stocking be overflowing with good things.

    ReplyDelete