Friday, December 9, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories ~ Spanish Nativities


I'm writing this post for the Geneabloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories at the link http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com/   Today is a "grab bag" when we are invited to write about anything, and I wanted to share some photographs of  the Spanish nativities  or "nacimientos" I have seen when celebrating Chrismas in Spain or Puerto Rico.

2005, San Juan, Puerto Rico
at the shopping Mall "Plaza de las Americas"
2006, Madrid Spain
A lifesize nativity made entirely of balloons!
2010 Londonderry, New Hampshire
Our "nacimiento" made of pieces bought
at the Christmas Fair on the Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain

For the story about our home nativity set from Spain, click this link:
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/12/advent-calendar-grab-bag-nacimiento.html

-------------------
Copyright 2011, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather
    I like how they include the local folk in the nacimientos. I have my basic wooden nativity scene from Guatemala but I like that I can add to it with the different people from the village. Thank you for sharing these scenes.

    ReplyDelete