This is my 2011 contribution to the Blog Caroling Carnival hosted by the Genealogy blogger named Footnote Maven at this link:
The Holly and The Ivy
- The holly and the ivy, when they are both full grown,
- Of all the trees that are in the wood, the holly bears the crown.
- Oh, the rising of the sun and the running of the deer,
- The playing of the merry organ, sweet singing in the choir.
- The holly bears a blossom as white as lily flower,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to be our sweet saviour
- The holly bears a berry as red as any blood,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to do poor sinners good.
- The holly bears a prickle as sharp as any thorn,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ on Christmas Day in the morn.
- The holly bears a bark as bitter as any gall,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ for to redeem us all.
This is me, trying to learn to play a few Christmas Carols on my ukulele. That was my husband, sneaking around with his iPhone recording me in secret. The cat is hiding... (can you blame her?)
Copyright 2011, Heather Wilkinson Rojo