Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weathervane Wednesday ~ When Pigs Fly!

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started by publishing weathervanes from just the Londonderry area, but now I've found interesting weather vanes from all across New England.  Some of the weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are interesting.  Often, my readers will send me some photos of very unique and unusual weathervanes from all across the United States and the rest of the world!  If you  know an interesting or historical weathervane, please let me know.

Today's weather vane is from New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #218?  Scroll down to see the answer!



Today's weather vane was photographed on Hackett Hill Road in Hooksett, New Hampshire.  This farmhouse is right around the corner from me, and I've passed it dozens of times.  However, the weather finally turned warm so Vincent and I went out in April with the little red convertible and got these photographs.  It's easy to take weathervane photos when the top is down!

This is a three dimensional flying pig.  The weathervane is bright and shiny copper or brass, so it must be fairly new.  I could see this weathervane every time I passed by because it catches the sunlight.  It's adorable, and I'm so glad that Vincent was finally able to get a photo of this weather vane!

Click here to see the entire series of Weathervane Wednesday posts!

------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ When Pigs Fly!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted July 22, 2015, ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/07/weathervane-wednesday-when-pigs-fly.html:  accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment