Monday, February 22, 2010

Wilkinson Surname Project Update

Northern New England Wilkinsons


Albert Munroe Wilkinson (1860-1908)

At the top of my blog you can see two new links. One lists all the surnames in my lineage back nine generations, and the other is an outline descendant chart of the descendants of Thomas Wilkinson for six generations.

I have two large Wilkinson surname projects underway. The first is all the descendants of Thomas Wilkinson, born about 1690 and lived in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire region. The second is the descendants of Samuel Wilkinson, born about 1722 through his son Benning, born about 1764 in Epping, New Hampshire. I have a strong feeling these two groups of Wilkinsons are related, but I have no proof- yet! I’ll be posting Benning Wilkinson’s lineage soon on a new page to be accessed at the top of my blog.

I’ve had several new researchers help me out recently with these projects. The newest is Jeff Wilson, who is a descendant of Thomas Wilson of Exeter, the miller who died about 1643. Jeff’s ancestor, Wesley Wilson, (1867-1935) married Mabel Wilkinson, (1874 – bef. 1930) daughter of John W. Wilkinson and Isabell Karr. Also, I’ve contacted Michael Gray, who was researching the Wilkinsons and Pierponts of Boston, Massachusetts. Earlier I contacted Harold Leach, who is active at NEHGS. He wrote an article “Of Brick Walls and Pack Rats” in the 2008 Register, about the “deaf and dumb” Lucy Ham marriage to Samuel Wilkinson on 16 September 1852 in Danvers, Massachusetts.

Also, my cousin, Susan Wilkinson Parker, of Bradford, Maine, photographed some of the Wilkinson gravestones at the Evergreen Cemetery in Milo, Maine. I have a large data base of Wilkinson gravestone photos, please contact me for copies of photos or transcriptions of epitaphs.

If you have any questions, additions, new information or sources for Wilkinsons in Northern New England, please contact me through the link at the bottom of my blog home page, or through Facebook.



-----------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment