Thursday, February 21, 2019

Throwback Thursday ~ College Graduation 1983

More old yellowing, and deteriorating photo slides have been found and scanned.  This one is of my last few days of school at Lesley College in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  And my graduation ceremony.  I hope I can someday learn to color correct these digitized images!

Lesley College's Reed Hall on Oxford Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts
We were all on the front stoop for an end of the year cookout

My roommate Judy Ham, with Vincent, and my
friend Stephanie Hubelbank, and other friends

Yours Truly, with friends from Reed Hall

My college friend Muriel Braure in my room at Reed Hall

Muriel and Stephanie in front of Reed Hall

The big moment!  Receiving my B.Ed diploma

With my parents, in cap and gown
--------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Throwback Thursday ~ College Graduation 1983", Nutfield Genealogy, posted February 21, 2019, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/02/throwback-thursday-college-graduation.html: accessed [access date]).

4 comments:

  1. It look like you had a wonderful dorm room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another post that takes me back! I graduated from college in 1982.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos of you at college! In a side genealogical note, I have an ancestor, Andrew Warner, that was supposed to have first lived in Cambridge, MA when he arrived in 1635 (I think!).

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about WARNER in Cambridge. I have an ancestor Thomas Blodgett (about 1605 - about 1642) who lived in Cambridge, right near Oxford Street where my dorm was located!

      Delete