Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day! Vintage Photo of Dad, 1979


This photo was taken in the spring of 1979.  About this time I graduated from high school and had been accepted to Lesley College for the class of 1983.  I went to a tea party at Lesley in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  It was across the street from the Harvard Law School, and a few blocks away from Harvard Yard.  My Mom must have taken this photo of my sister and I with Dad in front of the famous statue of John Harvard.  You can read more about this statue HERE.  Don't worry, I didn't kiss or touch the foot of the statue! Dad looks pretty proud here, about to send his first daughter off to college.  My sister went to the University of Massachusetts a few years later. 

This image was scanned from the original slide. 

-----------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Happy Father's Day!  Vintage Photo of Dad, 1979", Nutfield Genealogy, posted June 21, 2020, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2020/06/happy-fathers-day-vintage-photo-of-dad.html: accessed [access date]). 


No comments:

Post a Comment