Friday, April 2, 2021

Happy Easter 2021!

 From our house to yours, Happy Easter!  

Happy Spring!  Happy Passover!  Felices Pascuas! Happy Vernal Equinox!  And Happy Vaccinations!


This photo dates around 1920, of my grandmother in Beverly, Massachusetts with some lambs.  "Me" is my grandmother, Gertrude Hitchings ( 1905 - 2001), with "Bea" her friend, and "Skeet" Gertrude's little sister Mildred (1909 - 1981).  "Bob" must be a friend, but he remains unidentified.


This photo dates from the same time period, maybe even the same day as the photo above.  It is my great grandmother, Etta (Hoogerzeil) Hitchings (1871 - 1941) with a spring lamb.  I love this photo, and I know it is one of my mother's favorite photos, too!


One hundred years later, in June 2020, here is my granddaughter, Isabella, feeding a bottle of milk to a baby goat at Friendly Farm in Dublin, New Hampshire.  It seems to be a tradition in our family. 


Isabella and a baby goat, June 2019

-----------------------------

To Cite/Link to this blog post:  Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Happy Easter 2021!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 2, 2021, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2021/04/happy-easter-2021.html: accessed [access date]). 

No comments:

Post a Comment