Tuesday, April 6, 2010

NEHGS and NHHS Workshop "Advancing Your Genealogical Research"

The New England Historic Genealogical Society and the New Hampshire Historical Society present "Advancing Your Genealogical Research" on May 15, 2010 at the NHHS Library in Concord, New Hampshire. 9AM - 4PM. NEHGS/NHHS member $55, non-member $65.

A whole day seminar to explore "intermediate and advanced techniques for genealogical research. Lectures will explore the resources of online and printed sources, as well as topics relating to general technology, social networking, NewEnglandAncestors.org, land and probate records, and others."

Register online or email education @nehgs.org or mail to:
NEHGS
Education/Tours
101 Newbury St.
Boston, MA 022116-3007

for more information contact Josh Taylor at 617-226-1226 or by email at jtaylor@neghs.org

5 comments:

  1. What a great workshop - I wish I could be there! When we retire (we're from MA, but retiring to the Manchester area of NH), I will spend sooo much time at the NEHGS library and their lectures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I live in the next town from Manchester, NH and we are only 48 miles from Boston. It's less than an hour, and you can catch a train in Haverhill or a subway in Malden (both are on the way to Boston). This one in Concord, NH is even better (free no-hassle parking!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go, but it's the day after my daughter's college graduation and we may be entertaining family from Spain all that week. I'll have to see.... I went to one similar to this two years ago and it was excellent. It made me go back to the NH Historical Society library a few times and I found a plethora of good resources!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: The Workshop, I now see that my genealogy club meets that day, so I guess it is out for me. We will have to find something else.

    ReplyDelete