Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday- Wilkinsons buried at Rochester, New Hampshire

Old Rochester Cemetery, South Side of Franklin Street, Rochester, New Hampshire
Photographed by Michael Nason

Isaiah N. Wilkinson b. 28 Nov. 1824 in Rochester
son of William H. Wilkinson and Joanna Varney
d. 27 Jan 1905 in Rochester
m. 28 June 1855 in Lebanon, Maine to
Lucy Dennett Hayes b. 23 Jan 1831 in Rochester
daughter of Ezra hayes and Rachel Corson
d. 13 April 1921

Harriett Ann Wilkinson, b. 4 Aug 1869
daughter of Isaiah and Lucy (above)
d. 2 Nov. 1961 in Rochester
m. 30 Dec. 1900 in Rochester to
Thomas Herbert Roberts b. 10 Sep 1853
son of William Jones Roberts and Ellen Hyde
d. 19 Apr. 1929 in Rochester


William Henry Wilkinson  b. 12 Sep 1849 in Rochester
son of William H. Wilkinson and Mary Lord
d. 24 Jan. 1926 in Rochester
m. 16 Dec. 1872 in Conway, New Hampshire to
Josephine Chase b. Jul 1853 in Albany, New Hampshire
daughter of John Chase and Nancy Berry
d. 11 Jan. 1942 in Rochester

-------------------------------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

2 comments:

  1. I have William and Josephine's original December 16, 1872 marriage certificate here in Portland, Oregon. I am not related. My aunt married Robert Purdy in Rochester, NH and they moved to Portland, OR. His mother was a Berry so they may have been his great grandparents. It is readable and entirely there but it accidently tore when I tried to remove it from the frame so I put it back in the frame. My e-mail address is karen_trojano@hotmail.com. I want descendants to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original marriage certificate of William Henry Wilkinson and Josephine Chase Wilkinson dated December 16, 1872. I want to hand it to interested heirs. It's framed, every word is readable, and the artwork is beautiful. However when I tried to remove it from the frame it curled and ripped so I put it right back. It needs to remain flattened in the frame. Contact me at karen_trojano@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete