Jill Ball, at the Australian genealogy blogger at Geniaus www.Geniaus.blogspot.com has started a new blogging meme ….
The Bucket List GeneaMeme
The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type
You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item.
1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is- RootsTech 2013
2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is – Skip Gates
3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is – Kathleen Brandt from http://a3genealogy.blogspot.com/
4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is - Elizabeth Shown Mills
5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is- (gulp! I have to talk?)
6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits the Netherlands
7. The photo I would most like to find is - my great grandmother Isabella Bill
8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is British National Archives
9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is – St. Pieter’s Kirk, Leyden, Holland (I'm descended of Rev. John Robinson on both the maternal and paternal side of my family tree, and there are several ancestors buried there as well)
10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is- Westminster Memorial Park, California (my grandparents are buried there, and I've never been)
11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is -Leyden, Holland (where the Pilgrims lived before coming to Massachusetts)
12. The brick wall I most want to smash is - Elizabeth Lambert’s (1775 – 1834) ancestry (my 5x great grandmother).
13. The piece of software I most want to buy - has not been invented yet, the perfect genealogy data base that produces all the reports and charts I want…
14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is - an iPad
15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is - the Great Migration Series by Robert Charles Anderson - all the volumes!
16. The library I would most like to visit is - Salt Lake City, Family History Library
17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is - the Descendants of Thomas Wilkinson
18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about - (I don’t want to start another blog!)
19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about - my Hawaii/Boston ancestral connections.
20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is - Peter Hoogerzeil (1803- 1889) my 3x great grandfather who was a stowaway to America in the 1820s (NOT a myth!).
I invite you to list your genealogy "Bucket List" items in the comments, or go to the Geniaus blog and add your list to Jill's comments. If you have your own blog, please join the meme and pass it on!
Bucket photo courtesy of the Mary Rose Trust [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo