Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Not so Wordless Wednesday - Happy Birthday, Mom

My mother, with her brothers and a cousin.  This photo was taken in the late 1930s in Hamilton, Massachusetts.  She is looking a little cross in this photo, with her arms posed like this, because she had five brothers and was always being teased! 

On of my favorite stories from my Mom was from when she was probably about the age she was in this photo.  She went around one day and invited the whole neighborhood to her birthday party.  My grandmother was not pleased, but I'm sure my Mom was thrilled that it was her special day!

---------------------
Copyright 2011, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I hope she has the happiest of days today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your mom was a spunky child! I'm sure that held her in good stead through the years. If she's still here, Happy Birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete