Friday, May 4, 2012

Generations at Crawford Notch

1974
Yours Truly, My Mom and Little Sister

2004
Yours Truly, My Mom, and my Daughter
Both of these photos were snapped at the little dam over the Saco River at Crawford Notch State Park in New Hampshire's White Mountains.  The notch is right behind us, one of the mountain passes heading towards Bretton Woods on Route 302.   There was a landslide in 1826 in Crawford Notch that killed the Willey family. You can read about that tragedy at this link: http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-halloween-story-of-willey-family.html

Crawford Notch State Park
 http://www.nhstateparks.org/explore/state-parks/crawford-notch-state-park.aspx

------------------------
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

4 comments:

  1. What a great comparison of two photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! What great photos! Isn't it amazing to see how we grow and change, but the land stays the same? I'm going to have to look back through my collections and see if I can come up with something similar. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. Reminds me of when we bring the kids to Santa's Village and make them have their picture taken in the same place every time. They, of course, don't see the humor in having their picture taken in the same place every couple of years, but someday we'll have a great collage of all of us (myself included) in front of the big snowman through the years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to visit the hotel there once a week when my parents had dancing there

    ReplyDelete