Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas!


This image is from one of my grandmother's slides.  She took a picture of her Christmas tree with my uncle and cousin sitting next to it.  This slide dates from the early 1970s. My grandparents lived in Long Beach, California and I never visited their house until just a few years ago when I was in California for the Southern California Genealogy Society Jamboree.  My cousin, the brother of the little girl in the photo, lives there now.

You can always tell Grammy's photos. They are either crooked, out of focus, or chopped someone's head off.  Grammy usually had the ceiling, or maybe the sidewalk, take up half of the photo instead of the main subject taking up most of the space. You probably have photos like this in your family photo album, too!

Merry Christmas from Nutfield Genealogy!

-------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Merry Christmas!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted December 25, 2019, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2018/12/merry-christmas.html: accessed [access date]).

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas and happy, healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your Grammy did have a distinctive photographic style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandparents lived in Long Beach as well (as did I or several years). They were in Naples, and I lived in Belmont Heights. Where did your family live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandparents lived near Bixby Park. My cousins lived in the East End. My cousin drove us through Naples, and it was a very nice neighborhood with all the canals.

      Delete