Thursday, April 4, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 1982 Family Reunion

Here are more photo slides from the basement boxes, all cleaned up and digitized.  I was surprised to see these family reunion photos.  I don't remember this event, but that's me in those photos with all my cousins. This is the best part of a scanning project - finding surprise photographs in the boxes!

The Allen family of Hamilton, Massachusetts always had their reunions, parties, wedding and baby showers, and other events at the VFW hall.  Here we are again at the VFW hall!  I had 27 first cousins on this side of the family, and most of them lived nearby.  I see my Aunt Barbara was in these photos. She lived in California, so I think the party was in her honor. We had to rent the VFW so we would all fit!

Several people in these photos have passed away since this reunion (see below).

Aunt Barbara Allen Thacher (in the white shirt)
23 February 1927 - 31 December 2004
I think the woman to the left is my "Aunt Nu-nu" also known as
Eunice Hitchings Bunce 14 June 1904 - 8 January 1985.
Nu-nu was my grandmother's sister.

This is a precious photo for me.  My cousin Gary, in the solid blue shirt,
died a few years after this, the first of my 27 first cousins to pass away.
His Mom died soon after the photo in 1983 (he has his arm around her)

My Uncle Dick with two of his three daughters, Cheryl and Carrie

back row cousins - Marty, Danny and Mickey
middle row - Joey, Laurel, Heather, Judy, Debbie, Cathy and Gary
Front row - Chrissie, Cory, Chris and Kimmie
-----------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Throwback Thursday - 1982 Family Reunion", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 4, 2019, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/04/throwback-thursday-1982-family-reunion.html: accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment