Thursday, April 11, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 1983 Blizzard in Holden, Massachusetts

Here are some more of the yellow photo slides from Seattle Filmworks.  We used this "less expensive" film when we were poor, starving college students.  I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to be so cheap, use the Kodak!

I don't know the date of this snow storm, but it looks like we were at my hometown of Holden, Massachusetts when it struck.  Maybe it was Christmas? Or a long weekend?

I remember those days, moving the cars to the street so we could shovel out
the driveway. Vincent had a baby blue Ford Pinto station wagon.

It must have been quite a storm. Look at that snow drift on the roof!

Vincent to the rescue with the snow shovel!

That was a funny way the snow drifted off the roof several feet,
hanging right over the front door.

My Dad had a Chevrolet Impala.  We used to shovel the
driveway by hand, no snowblower or snow plow. 

--------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Throwback Thursday - 1983 Blizzard in Holden, Massachusetts", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 11, 2019, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/04/throwback-thursday-1983-blizzard-in.html: accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment