Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Happy Birthday to my Little Sister


Happy Birthday to my Little Sister!

This photo was taken at Beverly Hospital, so she must have been just new born.  I was only three years old, and I don't really remember that day except from the stories my parents tell. My Dad dropped my Mom at the hospital to have the baby (that's how it happened in those days) and then took me to the neighborhood Dunkin' Donuts.  It must have been late at night because I was in my pajamas.  A police officer asked my Dad why he had me up so late.  I have a vague remembrance of sitting at the counter on a very high stool, but then again that is where we sat every time at Dunkin' Donuts because in those days there was no drive through or booths.  That same restaurant is no longer standing in Beverly, and we drove by the location with my Mom just a few weeks ago and I heard the story all over again. 

Welcome to the world, Little Sister. 

-------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Happy Birthday to my Little Sister", Nutfield Genealogy, posted December 4, 2019, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/12/happy-birthday-to-my-little-sister.html: accessed [access date]). 

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice that you can still share stories with your Mom - or hear one for the millionth time! She looks *so* much like my long-deceased Mom, which I guess isn't much of a surprise, considering the hair, blouse, and glass styles of the times.

    ReplyDelete