Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not So Wordless Wednesday- Party at the Wilkinson's 1952

In 1952 my father was in high school. He lived on Dearborn Avenue in Beverly, Massachusetts with his parents and two brothers. Four generations of my family lived there. My great grandfather had bought the house when he emmigrated from England sometime before 1920, my grandparents raised their family there, and in the 1960s I lived there, too, until I was in grade school. Here is a photograph of a teen party in the same house sometime in November 1952. It looks as if they are all enjoying a board game. I love how the teenaged men are all wearing ties!


click to enlarge

The back of the photograph reads:
"Party at Wilkinson's
Nov. 1952
Left to right- Connie Turlow, Beverly Benson, Francis Flashner, Diane Jenson, Dick Woodbury, Pete Bonaparte, Jordan Baker, Dick Wilkinson". Frannie ended up marrying Jordie later.

For a photo and story about this house click here
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/02/wordless-wednesday.html

------------------------
Copyright 2010, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture, Heather. Their faces are so engaged, their bodies so expressive. It's the ultimate snapshot as opposed to the formal portraits we so often have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo Heather, I love it too! It looks like they're having a grand ole time. I have a few photos of my parents partying it up before my brother and I came along, I should see if I can find them : ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete