Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weathervane Wednesday ~ Under a Tree?

I have been documenting the weather vanes in the Nutfield area of New Hampshire through this series of posts with photos and historical information.  If you know a weather vane I haven't photographed in the Londonderry, Derry, Hudson, Windham or Manchester area, please leave me a comment down below.

Do you know the location of weather vane #37?  Scroll down below for the answer!



This unique weathervane shows two children reading under a tree, and it is located on top of the cupola at the Nesmith Public Library in Windham, New Hampshire.  This "new" building was built about 15 years ago to expand from the tiny fieldsstone house on the town common. The old stone building, the Armstrong Memorial building,  is now the Windham History Museum.

The Nesmith Library website http://www.nesmithlibrary.org/

Click here to see the complete series of Weathervane Wednesday posts!

-----------------------
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

2 comments:

  1. This is a great one. If I ever put my MLS to work, I'm making sure the library I work at has one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Lucie Consentino left this message for me on Facebook)
    Great post as usual! I have thoroughly enjoyed your weathervane series as I love weathervanes and have all wished we had one on our home ;)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete