Thursday, July 26, 2012

Iberia Airlines, about 1965


This photo was taken about 1965.  Remember when flying was a big deal, and there was a photographer at the doorway to take your photo?  Remember when everyone flying dressed up in suits, even the little boys? This is my father-in-law and my husband as a little boy.  My father-in-law worked in New York City at the United Nations, and they would fly home to Madrid several times a year on Iberia Airlines.  Later, my mother-in-law became a ticket agent and manager for Iberia, and they were able to continue flying home to visit family several times a year- even after my father-in-law stopped working at the UN and became a professor.

I often wonder if all this intercontinental flying my husband did as a little boy influenced his desire to become an aeronautical-astronautical engineer?

We found this photo in a box of memorabilia in Madrid, and scanned it with my Flip-Pal scanner.

------------------
To cite/link to this blog post:  Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Iberia Airlines, about 1965", Nutfield Genealogy, posted July 26, 2012, ( https://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2012/07/iberia-airlines-about-1965.html: accessed [access date]). 

5 comments:

  1. I don't remember a photographer, maybe because I never flew internationally, but I do remember always dressing up to fly. We had to wear a dress - no pants allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Your father-in-law looks quite dashing and your husband is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after going through a few of the articles I realized it's
    new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll be
    book-marking it and checking back often!
    Feel free to visit my web site :: Kahului Airport

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo! Your husband is so cute. Love his little cap he's wearing. I wonder what he's carrying under his arm.

    ReplyDelete