Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Mrs. Judith (Cobb) Crosby

 This tombstone was photographed at the Old Burial Ground in Brewster, Massachusetts



MRS.
JUDITH CROSBY
Died Sept. 26, 1850
AEt. 78

Here on earth no more I wander
My communion is on high
Kindred spirits greet me yonder
Jesus calls me to the sky.

Her Husband
Benjamin Crosby
Died in Africa 1795
AEt. 27


Judith Cobb was born about 1772 in Eastham, Massachusetts, baptized on 3 August 1772.  She died on 26 September 1850 in Brewster.  She married Benjamin Crosby on 14 September 1793 in Harwich to Benjamin Crosby, just two years before he died in Africa.  He was born on 1 February 1768 in Harwich, the son of Elisha Crosby and Phebe Hopkins.  

Elisha Crosby is my first cousin, 7 generations removed.  His grandparents, John Crosby and Hannah Bangs, are my 7 x great grandparents.  Elisha's mother was Mary Crosby.  Her grandparents, Thomas Crosby and Sarah Unknown are my 8x great grandparents.  Phebe Hopkins's great grandfather, Giles Hopkins, came on the Mayflower in 1620 with his father, Stephen Hopkins! 

----------------
Copyright 2012, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment