Author, genealogist and blogger Mariann Regan left me a surprise comment on my blog last week with “I have nominated you for Blog of the Year 2012 Award” . Here is a link to her post: http://mariannregan.authorsxpress.com/2013/01/10/two-surprises-and-nominations-paid-forward/
The rules for this award can be found here at this link:
Apparently the idea is to collect a star for each time your blog is nominated, up to six stars. I’m very happy just to receive one star and display it on my sidebar! Thanks, Mariann! If you haven’t checked out Mariann’s blog,you should try it today. She is a wonderful writer, and her enthusiasm for genealogy shows in her blog posts. I haven’t read her book Into the Briar Patch, but she describes it as her “quest to understand her family history” back to the early 1800s. Mariann is also a great cheerleader for genealogy blogging, and is constantly commenting on blogs, promoting other bloggers on Facebook, and retweeting and mentioning blog posts on Twitter.
There are other rules for the Blog of the Year award:
1. Select the blogs you think deserve the Blog of the Year 2012 Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blogs you have chosen – no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and present them with the award
3. Please include a link back to this page http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these rules in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blogs you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now join the Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award- and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar… and start collecting stars…
Well, that’s a lot of rules to follow, and I hope I did this all correctly. The choosing blogs is the hardest part. I wish I could nominate everyone on my blog reader, but that is a HUGE number of blogs! So I decided I would pick seven lucky bloggers (only because that is my favorite number) and (only because I had to limit this to some number) and ( I really wanted more…) I decided to nominate all “new to me” bloggers…
1. Kathryn Smith Lockhard at “Reflections” http://kathrynsmithlockhard.blogspot.com/
2. “Nupepa” http://nupepa-hawaii.com/
3. John and Ann Switlik at “Thomas Gardner of Salem, MA” http://thomasgardnerofsalem.blogspot.com/
4. John D. Tew at “Filiopietism Prism” http://filiopietismprism.blogspot.com/
5. Elroy Davis at “Green Mountain Genealogy” http://greenmountaingenealogy.blogspot.com/
6. Chris at “Massachusetts and More Genealogy Blog” http://massandmoregenealogy.blogspot.com/
7. Thomas W. Tufts at “Tufts Family Genealogy” http://tuftsgenealogy.blogspot.com/
8. Bette Wing at “The Pye Plate” http://thepyeplate.blogspot.com/
Did anyone notice I gave eight nominations? I told you I couldn’t pick just seven! Like I said, I wish I could give everyone a nomination, but it just wasn’t possible. I’m sure another blog award will roll around soon and I can nominate more…
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo