Thursday, May 23, 2013

Old Prom Photos

It is prom season now in New England.  I was at the bridal shop with my daughter for her wedding dress fitting, and high school girls were there picking up their prom gowns.  At the dress shop in Massachusetts where I bought my dress, I was the only adult there, and the rest were young girls shopping for and being fitted for prom dresses.  This all made me think of my own prom, and old photos stored in boxes...

This what I found to post today ....



My mother's scrapbook
Hamilton, Massachusetts 1952
(I love that the Jr. Prom ticket cost $1.20!)


Senior Prom and Graduation memorabilia
Hamilton High School, 1953




1980 MIT Prom
Hubby and Yours Truly


My sister was voted Prom Queen
1981 Wachusett Regional High School Prom
Holden, Massachusetts



My daughter's senior prom
2005 Londonderry High School 
"Phantom of the Opera" theme
She designed the dress and a neighbor sewed it.

-----------------------------------
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the prom photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos - and wonderful memories I'm sure! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole family of women -- Your mother, you, your sister, your daughter. I love the way you are looking at your date (your future husband) in your own prom photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I never went to the prom in high school. My youngest daughter just went for the first time and it is fun to see how the outfits have changed over the years. It is hard to surpass the elegance of the 1950's though. IMHO :)

    ReplyDelete