Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weathervane Wednesday ~ Another Running Horse


Every Wednesday for two years I've been posting photographs of weathervanes located in or near the Nutfield area (the former name for the land where Londonderry, Derry and Windham, New Hampshire are now located). Most are historically interesting or just whimsical and fun weathervanes. Today's weathervane can be seen in Windham, New Hampshire. Have fun guessing where you may have seen this weather vane.

Do you know the location of weather vane #97? Scroll down to see the answer....

Just as I was photographing this, the wind
turned it, so I ran to the back of the building
to get this additional photo




Today's weather vane is brand new.  It is a shiny copper two-dimensional horse located above a brand new building at 125 Indian Rock Road (Rt, 111), Windham, New Hampshire, just off Exit 3 of Rt. 93.  I took the wide shot photograph from across the street at the gas station, and then went over to the building itself to get a close up. The wind was not cooperating, but eventually I got a nice shot.  This is a very small weather vane for such a large building, but at least this cupola has a one!  Lots of new buildings are going up in our area with cupolas just begging for weather vanes...  (hint, hint!)


--------------------
Copyright 2013, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

1 comment:

  1. To me, this is the most beautiful and graceful weather vane you've published. When I visit my relatives in New Hampshire now, I'm going to be on the lookout for the weather vanes . . .

    ReplyDelete