Monday, February 3, 2014

HASKELL Family Tree


This HASKELL family tree was photographed at the New England Historic Genealogical Society library at 99 - 101 Newbury Street in Boston, Massachusetts.  It is on the first floor in a back hall near the restroom.  There are several other impressive family trees here, but I like this one because the William Haskell featured on the trunk of the tree is my 9th great grandfather.

William Haskell, baptized on 8 November 1618 in Charlton, Musgrove, Somerset, England, came to Salem, Massachusetts on board the ship Elizabeth in 1635 with his stepfather (John Stone), mother Elinor Foule, and his brothers.  He married Mary Tybott on 6 November 1643 in Salem, and removed to Gloucester in 1643. He had nine children and I descend from his son Mark Haskell (1658 - 1691).  Mark's "branch" can be seen branching out from the trunk at about 11 o'clock on a clock dial.

New England Historic Genealogical Society website  http://www.americanancestors.org/home.html

--------------------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2014/01/haskell-family-tree.html

Copyright (c) 2014, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, we're 9th cousins on this line! I'm also descended from Mark Haskell, through his son Mark Jr., and his daughter Elizabeth. Her great-granddaughter's (my 3rd great grandmother) middle name was Haskell.

    Re this framed tree, what an awesome find-- do you know how old it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, we should ask at NEHGS. I saw a similar family tree (like this one) of the MAYHEW family at the Martha's Vineyard Historical Society and was able to buy a copy.

      Delete
    2. I emailed the sales dept of NEHGS to ask about that-- will let you know what they say. :-) BTW, I linked this post in my most recent entry... I know it's not Saturday (I'm home with a cold), but I did a surname post on HASKELL anyway...

      Delete
  2. I am as well descended from William Haskell - both from his son Joseph and his Son mark - who married into my Davis line. My name is Benj Haskell Davis V, and I recently spent weekend at the W Haskell House in Gloucester MA where it all started.

    ReplyDelete