Friday, August 14, 2015

Hudson, New Hampshire Genealogy Club

Today Vincent and I had a great time showing the members of the Hudson, New Hampshire Genealogy Club all about genealogy blogging.  Besides describing the benefits of putting your family tree online in a blog, we also went live online and actually started a blog.  I hope all the members could see how easy it was to start blogging within minutes of setting up the blog account. 


The Hudson Genealogy Club meets on the second Friday of every month at 1:30 pm at the Rodgers Memorial Library.  I used to attend the meetings regularly when I was a resident of Londonderry, and I lived right off Route 102.  It was fun to come back and see some familiar faces!


The members seemed to very interested in blogging, and I hope to see several new New England GeneaBloggers and their blogs online soon. Check the tab at the top of my blog page to see all the current genealogy bloggers, and check back later this year to see if there are any new blogs added from Hudson, New Hampshire! 

Thank you, librarian Laurie Jasper, for inviting to speak today. 

Rodgers Memorial Library, Hudson, NH  http://rodgerslibrary.org/

-------------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Hudson, New Hampshire Genealogy Club", Nutfield Genealogy, posted August 14, 2015, ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/08/hudson-new-hampshire-genealogy-club.htm : accessed [access date]). 

4 comments:

  1. Heather: Nice post . . . and as one who was inspired by you to start my blog a few years ago, I expect you will soon see more "offspring" resulting from your seminar on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for sharing the secrets of Blogging with us. I have been at it for a short time now and I am looking forward to checking out some of the great resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered your blog a few days ago! I wish I had known you were at the workshop. I'm adding your blog to the New England Geneabloggers group. I'll tell Thomas MacEntee about your blog, too. We are having a blogger meetup in September and maybe you can join us.

      Delete
  3. Thank You Heather. While my initial plan was to wait and make sure I could follow through on both the blog and TV show, I suppose it is indeed time to connect with the Geneabloggers Listings.

    You had mentioned that in using footnotes and superscript numbers, you were not quite sure how to create them. The use of Ascii and ALT codes is the way to go.

    The long and the short of it - on your Windows Computer (Mac's work differently,) is that you press and hold the ALT key followed by a number code on the Numeric Keypad (Num Lock must be on.)

    ALT and 0185 = ¹
    ALT and 0178 = ²
    ALT and 0179 = ³

    I use this method in my Hungarian research for characters with accents - á é í ó ö ú ü. Next to my computer I have a cheat sheet with just those that I use often. I no doubt will make a different sheet when it comes time to work my French Canadian lines.

    Check out this page here for more information... http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-ascii-key-combos-and-chart.html

    Hrmmm... Sounds like a blog post to me ☺ (ALT + 1)

    ReplyDelete