Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Weathervane Wednesday ~ The first time I've seen THIS animal on a weathervane!

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started out by publishing only weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes from all over New England.  Sometimes these weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are very unique.  Often, my readers tip me off to some very special and unusual weather vanes.

Today's weather vane is from somewhere in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #320?  Scroll down to see the answer...




This unique alpaca weathervane can be seen atop the Someday Farm's barn in Canterbury, New Hampshire. We were here during the May 2017 New Hampshire Open Doors tour, when businesses and artisans all over the Granite State hold open houses for touring and shopping.  There are NH Open Doors tours every fall and spring. 

It was fun to tour this alpaca farm, to see the newborn alpacas and to feel the super soft yarns and knitted items made from this yarn.  The owner of the farm said she remembered the day her custom weathervane and cupola were raised by crane over her new barn.  I told her I had never seen an alpaca weathervane.  Have you?   



Some Day Alpaca Farm website http://www.somedayfarm.com/

New Hampshire Open Doors https://nhopendoors.com/


----------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ The first time I've seen THIS animal on a weathervane!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted July 19, 2017, (http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2017/07/weathervane-wednesday-first-time-ive.html: accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment