Monday, November 7, 2011

Unwrapping my Flip Pal

Post #2 

My Flip Pal for the Simple Gifts Genealogy Blog Hop arrived at my house while we were on vacation.  It arrived safely, even though my neighborhood was a total disaster from the big Snowtober Nor'Easter storm. Fortunately I didn't have to chase my UPS driver like Sheri Fenley did in her post, since my cat sitter took care of collecting packages and mail for me.  And I remembered to read the guide book first, since I had read Marion Pierre-Louis's advice in her blog post!  This is the good side of being away last week.  I was able to learn from the other genealogy bloggers all about their first experiences before I even opened my Flip Pal package!
Not rain or snow or
thousands of miles kept me from
opening my Flip Pal package!

But there was also a downside to being on vacation last week.  Here is some proof that my Flip Pal arrived just a few days too late.  While we were in Spain we had loads of opportunities to scan interesting photos, objects and documents.  Although we did bring a lot of old photographs home with us, you can bet that I'll be packing the Flip Pal the next time we visit Madrid!  There will be chances to scan family things, but also all our touristy things for scrapbooks, such as tickets, brochures and other ephemera we always collect along the way... These are all similar to things you might do when you travel over the holidays to visit far away family.

My mother-in-law and Hubby in Madrid, Spain
checking out family photos from the 1930s-1970s
We attended a cousin's wedding at Seville's City Hall
Wouldn't it be great to have a scan of this document!
That's the bride signing her wedding certificate
We took the AVE, Spain's high speed rail,
from Madrid to Seville and could have made a scan
of the tickets for our scrapbook before they were
collected by the staff at the train station!
Disclaimer -  I was chosen by Flip-Pal to participate in the Simple Gifts Genealogy Blog Hop event and received a Flip-Pal scanner to use and evaluate.

--------------------
Copyright 2011, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm now convinced Heather. Thomas MacEntee showed me his in Boston, and I wasn't even interested, maybe I should have been. Really liked your post with examples of things you could have copied in Spain, cleaver.

    ReplyDelete