Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Weathervane Wednesday ~ Vroom! Vroom!

It's Weathervane Wednesday!

I post a series of weather vane photographs every Wednesday.  This started with images of weathervanes from the Londonderry, New Hampshire area, but now I've found interesting weather vanes all across New England and across the globe.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are interesting.  Often my readers tip me off to some very unique or unusual weathervanes, too!  If you know a great weather vane near you, let me know if you'd like to have it featured on this blog.

Today's weather vane is from a reader, and it was photographed in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weathervane post #269?  Scroll down to find the answer.




Once again, genealogy blogger June Stearns Butka has found an interesting weather vane to feature for Weathervane Wednesday!  This time she found this whimsical chopper atop a residence in Atkinson, New Hampshire.  If you look closely you will see that this residence actually has two weathervanes.  The other one is an eagle above the main house.  The chopper cycle is above the garage.

I love this three dimensional chopper.  I've seen several motorcycle weather vanes and featured them here on my blog, but this is the first chopper.  It has a modified long front end, just like in the movie "Easy Rider".  My guess is that someone who lives here, or who lived here in the past, was a real enthusiast of motorcycles and perhaps they even owned a chopper! 

Thanks again, June!

June Stearns Butka's genealogy blog https://damegussie.wordpress.com/   

Click here to see the entire series of Weathervane Wednesday posts!

-------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ Vroom!  Vroom!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted July 20, 2016,  (http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/07/weathervane-wednesday-vroom-vroom.html: accessed [access date]).


1 comment:

  1. A great find, I love this, probably one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete