Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Weathervane Wednesday ~ Above a Baptist Church

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started out by publishing only weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes from all over New England.  Sometimes these weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are very unique.  Often, my readers tip me off to some very special and unusual weather vanes.

Today's weather vane is from somewhere in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #310?  Scroll down to see the answer...





Today's weathervane was spotted above the First Baptist Church on 36 Winnacunnet Road in Hampton, New Hampshire.  This church was founded in 1817 when a group of people met at Joshua Lane's house in Hampton. He was probably one of my distant cousins, a descendant of the immigrant William Lane (1621 - 1715), my 9th great grandfather, who was one of the first settlers at Hampton.  The current meetinghouse was built in 1836.  This weathervane probably dates from when the steeple was originally built. It's a nice three dimensional sculpture of an arrow, complete with tail feathers.

The website for the church:   http://www.hamptonbaptist.com/

Click here to see the entire Weathervane Wednesday series of posts!  


--------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~  Above a Baptist Church", Nutfield Genealogy, posted May 10, 2017, ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2017/05/weathervane-wednesday-above-baptist.html: accessed [access date]).

2 comments:

  1. Heather . . . I'm sorry I haven't said this sooner, but when your weathervanes pop up in my newsreader it makes my day. We have weathervanes down here but none as creative as yours. I hope you don't run out of them any time soon! --Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments, Denise! I hope that when I'm out and about this summer I'll find a whole new crop of fun weathervanes for you. I'm pre-posted on new weathervanes up until the end of July.

      Delete