Thursday, October 23, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ Four Generations in one photograph


Thanksgiving 1987, Londonderry, New Hampshire 
4 generations of females
Yours Truly, my Mom, my daughter, my grandmother

Last week the New England Historic Genealogical Society's online "Weekly Genealogist" featured a survey asking the largest number of generations of your family were pictured in a single photograph.  The largest number of participants (59%) reported that four generations were pictured in a single photograph. I could only find four generations, not a single one with five generations, in my family photos, although I know some of my cousins have photos with five generations with grandmother.  However, I was able to find many examples of four generations of women featuring my grandmother, too.  Here are some of them. 


1990, Hamilton, Massachusetts
Yours Truly, my grandmother, my daughter, my sister and my Mom



1994, 4 generations again, in Hamilton, Massachusetts
My daughter, grandmother, Mom and Yours Truly

After this my grandmother went in to a nursing home and I don't remember taking anymore group photos like this.  She died in 2001 when she was over 96 years old. 

------------------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2014/10/treasure-chest-thursday-four.html

Copyright (c) 2014, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment