Friday, February 27, 2015

Photo Friday ~ Dinner in Buenos Aires, Argentina

I found this photo in my mother-in-law's collection.
 It's from a 1970 trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina.


When my mother-in-law was first living in New York City, she worked for Iberia Airlines.  She took advantage of some low cost group tours to places around the world.  When my husband was little, he would accompany them on some of these trips to Hong Kong, Japan, Greece, Egypt, Argentina, and all over Spain including the Canary Islands.  My family went camping in New England.  So to me, these photos are fascinating!

My father-in-law is in the front right, wearing the hat, and looking quite sheepish.  My mother-in-law is sitting next to him looking very young and pretty.

If you Google "Cantina Spadavecchia" in Buenos Aires, Argentina you can read that it used to be a very popular restaurant.  They were not famous for their food, but famous for the entertainment of large groups (tourists), music and festivals.  According what I saw on Google, this restaurant has been closed for a while now.

Everyone here looks like they were having a very good time!

-------------------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/02/photo-friday-dinner-in-buenos-aires.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment